We live in a technological era where every individual user practice with electronic gadgets like smartphones, tablets, laptops. People used these kinds of devices for their educational purpose, office work, entertainment, and so on. In which there is a possibility of getting hacked by hackers. While hacking is not alone dealing with malicious purposes. But focusing on spying, to gather information of an individual, or to make fun of someone. So, everyone needs to keep things private before hackers getting involved. You also considered these unwanted activities a kind of theft. To protect the database, people need to take some precautions activities to avoid hacking.
Here are some ways to protect the database:
- Do auto-updates to get the latest version of apps, software, or operating systems.
- While using public/ someone’s PC or laptop don’t log in as admin for routine work.
- Everyone may aware of the APK format so the downloaded apps will be protective. Similarly, all the files like .mp3, .mp4, or whatever it may be, download the files from allowed sources.
- Do clear cache and erase your recent history from the devices which will avoid getting the device hacked.
- It is always important to check the websites as HTTPS and not HTTP. Most of the sites are following the same but make sure that the URL begins with HTTPS.
- Be suspicious about messages or emails which ask you to log in or account information.
- Use two-step verification to log in to your device.
- Make use of alias emails for personal stuff or online survey. Because it will definitely save your Email from spam.
- Read app permissions before you install them.
- In case if your device is stolen, consider wiping data remotely. It will protect your device from hackers.
- Use some allowed sources if you lost your smartphone or laptop to get back. Even you can erase the data by using these elements.
Protect your Social Media Privacy:
- Don’t accept friend requests from strangers whom you may know nothing about them.
- Don’t broadcast your activities to the entire society on social media.
- To enable login alerts or notifications when you will know if someone else uses your account.
- Use stickers to hide unused webcams unless the hackers might watch you.
There is a wide range of software available in present-day society. While using those software people can easily protect their devices from hacking. It will alert the people when they surfing the sites from tracking. I will ask for some software for separate installation or maybe as extensions. Anyway, these kinds of preventative measures will protect electronic devices from hacking.